What is the antonym of “dodder”?
The antonyms of dodder are steady and stabilize. The antonyms steady and stabilize convey a sense of stability, balance, and control. They imply a lack of wobbliness, weakness, or uncertainty.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Firmly fixed, supported, or balanced; not likely to move, fall, or shake.
He took a deep breath and tried to keep his voice steady during the presentation.
To make something firm, steady, or stable; to prevent it from changing or fluctuating.
The government is taking measures to stabilize the economy and reduce inflation.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Steady is an adjective that describes something that is firmly fixed, supported, or balanced.
- 2Stabilize is a verb that describes the action of making something firm, steady, or stable.
Good things to know
- 1Physical Stability: Use steady to describe objects or people that are firmly fixed, supported, or balanced.
- 2Emotional Stability: Use steady to describe emotions or mental states that are calm, composed, or under control.
- 3Prevent Change: Use stabilize to describe actions or measures that prevent something from changing or fluctuating.