What is the antonym of “dodgy”?
The antonym of dodgy are honest, reliable, and safe. These antonyms convey a sense of trustworthiness, dependability, and security.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Telling the truth and not deceiving or misleading others.
She was always honest with her friends and never kept secrets from them.
Consistently good in quality or performance; able to be trusted.
He is a reliable employee who always meets his deadlines and delivers high-quality work.
Free from harm or danger; not likely to cause injury or damage.
The new car model has advanced safety features that make it safe for families to travel in.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Honest refers to telling the truth and not deceiving others, while dodgy implies dishonesty or unreliability.
- 2Reliable conveys consistency and trustworthiness, while dodgy suggests the opposite.
- 3Safe denotes freedom from harm or danger, while dodgy implies a risk of harm or danger.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use reliable to describe products, services, or employees that can be trusted.
- 2Safety: Use safe to describe environments, situations, or products that are free from harm or danger.
- 3Communication: Use honest to build trust and credibility in conversations or relationships.
The antonyms of dodgy are honest, reliable, and safe. These words convey a sense of trustworthiness, dependability, and security. Use these antonyms in business to describe trustworthy products or employees, in safety to describe safe environments or products, and in communication to build trust and credibility.