What is the antonym of “dolorous”?
The antonyms of dolorous are joyful and cheerful. The antonyms joyful and cheerful convey a positive emotional state. It implies a feeling of happiness, satisfaction, or pleasure.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling or expressing great happiness and delight.
She was joyful when she received the news that she had been accepted into her dream university.
Feeling or showing happiness and optimism.
Despite the rainy weather, he remained cheerful and made the most of his day.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Joyful conveys a feeling of great happiness and delight.
- 2Cheerful denotes a feeling of happiness and optimism.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use joyful and cheerful to express gratitude and appreciation.
- 2Spread Positivity: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to spread positivity and uplift others.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create happy and optimistic characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Joyful conveys a feeling of great happiness and delight, while cheerful denotes a feeling of happiness and optimism. Use these words to express gratitude, spread positivity, and enrich writing by creating happy and optimistic characters and compelling narratives.