What is the antonym of “doomed”?
The antonym of doomed is hopeful, optimistic, and promising. The antonyms hopeful, optimistic, and promising convey a positive or optimistic outlook. It implies a sense of possibility, expectation, or confidence.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling or inspiring optimism about a future event or situation.
Despite the challenges, she remained hopeful that things would get better.
Having a positive outlook on life or a particular situation; expecting good things to happen.
He was optimistic about his chances of getting the job and prepared well for the interview.
Showing signs of potential success or excellence.
The young athlete had a promising career ahead of him, with several national records to his name.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Hopeful implies a sense of expectation or possibility.
- 2Optimistic implies a confident and positive outlook.
- 3Promising implies potential for success or excellence.
Good things to know
- 1Encourage Others: Use hopeful, optimistic, and promising to inspire and motivate others.
- 2Express Confidence: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate a positive outlook.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create characters with distinct personalities and perspectives.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Hopeful conveys a sense of possibility, optimistic denotes a confident and positive outlook, and promising refers to potential for success. Use these words to encourage others, express confidence in conversations, and enrich writing by creating characters with distinct personalities and perspectives.