The Opposite(Antonym) of “dress”
The antonyms of dress are undress and strip. The antonyms undress and strip convey the opposite action of putting on clothes. It implies removing or taking off clothing.
Explore all Antonyms of “dress”
Definitions and Examples of undress, strip
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To remove one's clothes, especially in a private setting.
After a long day at work, she likes to undress and put on comfortable clothes.
To remove all clothing or covering from something or someone.
He had to strip down to his underwear before entering the pool.
Key Differences: undress vs strip
- 1Undress is a more specific term that describes the act of removing one's clothes, usually in a private setting.
- 2Strip is a more general term that can describe the act of removing all clothing or covering from something or someone.
Effective Usage of undress, strip
- 1Daily Life: Use undress and strip to describe actions related to changing clothes.
- 2Entertainment: Incorporate these antonyms in narratives to create suspenseful or comedic scenes.
- 3Vocabulary Building: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve communication skills.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Undress describes the act of removing one's clothes, while strip can describe the act of removing all clothing or covering from something or someone. Use these words to describe actions related to changing clothes, create suspenseful or comedic scenes in narratives, and improve your vocabulary and communication skills.