What is the antonym of “drugged”?
The antonyms of drugged are sober and clear-headed. The antonyms sober and clear-headed convey a state of being free from the influence of drugs or alcohol. It implies a clear and alert mind.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not affected by alcohol or drugs; serious, sensible, and solemn.
He decided to stay sober at the party and be the designated driver.
Having a calm and rational mind; not confused or disoriented.
She needed to be clear-headed during the exam and avoid making careless mistakes.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Sober is a term that specifically refers to the absence of alcohol or drugs in the body.
- 2Clear-headed is a more general term that describes a state of being alert and focused.
Good things to know
- 1Discuss Substance Use: Use these antonyms to talk about substance use and its effects on behavior and decision-making.
- 2Encourage Sobriety: Use sober to encourage someone to abstain from alcohol or drugs.
- 3Describe Mental State: Use clear-headed to describe a state of being alert and focused.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Sober specifically refers to the absence of alcohol or drugs, while clear-headed describes a state of being alert and focused. Use these words to discuss substance use, encourage sobriety, and describe a clear mental state.