What is the antonym of “dulcity”?
The antonyms of dulcity are harshness, bitterness, and roughness. These antonyms convey a different meaning or feeling compared to dulcity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being unpleasantly rough or severe.
The harshness of the winter wind made it difficult to walk outside.
A sharp, unpleasant taste or feeling; resentment or cynicism.
The bitterness of the medicine made it hard to swallow.
The quality of being uneven, irregular, or coarse.
The roughness of the road made the car ride bumpy and uncomfortable.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Harshness refers to something that is unpleasantly rough or severe.
- 2Bitterness refers to a sharp, unpleasant taste or feeling, or resentment and cynicism.
- 3Roughness refers to something that is uneven, irregular, or coarse.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to add variety and depth to your descriptions.
- 3Enrich Reading: Look for these antonyms in your reading materials to better understand the nuances of language.
The antonyms of dulcity have distinct meanings and feelings. Harshness refers to something unpleasantly rough or severe, bitterness refers to a sharp, unpleasant taste or feeling, or resentment and cynicism, and roughness refers to something that is uneven, irregular, or coarse. Use these antonyms to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and enrich your reading experience.