What is the antonym of “dumped”?
The antonyms of dumped are committed to and held onto. The antonyms committed to and held onto convey a positive emotional state. It implies a sense of loyalty, dedication, and perseverance.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling dedicated and loyal to someone or something.
She was committed to her job and worked hard to achieve her goals.
To keep or maintain something despite challenges or difficulties.
He held onto his dream of becoming a musician, even when others doubted him.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Committed to describes a feeling of dedication and loyalty towards someone or something.
- 2Held onto describes an action of keeping or maintaining something despite challenges or difficulties.
Good things to know
- 1Relationships: Use committed to to express loyalty and dedication in romantic relationships.
- 2Goals: Use held onto to describe perseverance and determination in achieving goals.
- 3Career: Use committed to to describe dedication and loyalty towards a job or career path.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Committed to conveys loyalty and dedication, while held onto describes perseverance and determination. Use these words to express loyalty and dedication in relationships, describe perseverance in achieving goals, and show dedication towards a job or career path.