What is the antonym of “dure”?
The antonyms of dure are cease, discontinue, and stop. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of dure, which is to end or come to a halt.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To bring or come to an end; stop.
The rain had finally ceased after pouring for hours.
To stop doing or providing something; end.
The company decided to discontinue the production of the product due to low demand.
To come to an end; cease to happen or exist.
The traffic stopped abruptly when a car broke down in the middle of the road.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Cease implies a sudden or deliberate ending, often used in the context of actions or events.
- 2Discontinue is more commonly used in the context of products, services, or activities that are no longer offered or provided.
- 3Stop is a general term that can be used in various contexts to indicate the end of something.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Writing: Use these antonyms to add variety to your writing and avoid repetition.
- 2Improve Vocabulary: Learn and practice using these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
- 3Express Ideas: Use these antonyms to express ideas clearly and effectively.
The antonyms of dure are cease, discontinue, and stop. Use cease to indicate a sudden or deliberate ending, discontinue for products, services, or activities that are no longer offered, and stop as a general term to indicate the end of something. Incorporate these antonyms to enhance your writing, improve your vocabulary, and express ideas clearly and effectively.