What is the antonym of “earthborn”?
The antonyms of earthborn are celestial, heavenly, and ethereal. These words describe things that are not of this world, but rather from a higher or spiritual realm.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Relating to the sky or heavens; divine or spiritual in nature.
The stars in the celestial sky twinkled brightly on a clear night.
Relating to or resembling heaven; blissful or divine.
The aroma of freshly baked bread was heavenly and made everyone's mouth water.
Extremely delicate and light in a way that seems not to be of this world; heavenly or spiritual.
The ballerina's movements were so graceful and ethereal that it seemed like she was floating on air.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Celestial refers to things that are related to the sky or heavens, while heavenly describes things that are blissful or divine.
- 2Ethereal is used to describe things that are extremely delicate and light, giving the impression that they are not of this world.
Good things to know
- 1Creative Writing: Use these antonyms to add depth and richness to your writing by describing otherworldly experiences.
- 2Poetry: Incorporate these antonyms in your poetry to create vivid imagery and evoke emotions.
- 3Spiritual Contexts: Use these antonyms in religious or spiritual contexts to describe divine or heavenly experiences.
The antonyms of earthborn are celestial, heavenly, and ethereal. These words describe things that are not of this world, but rather from a higher or spiritual realm. Use them in creative writing, poetry, or spiritual contexts to add depth and richness to your language.