What is the antonym of “easeful”?
The antonym of easeful are uncomfortable, stressful, and tense. These words describe situations that are not easy, comfortable, or relaxed.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Causing discomfort or unease; not comfortable.
The hard chair made him feel uncomfortable during the long meeting.
Causing mental or emotional strain or tension.
Her job was so stressful that she often had trouble sleeping at night.
Characterized by mental or emotional strain or tension.
The atmosphere in the room was tense as they waited for the test results.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Uncomfortable refers to physical discomfort or unease.
- 2Stressful describes a situation that causes mental or emotional strain.
- 3Tense describes a situation that is characterized by mental or emotional strain or tension.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use these antonyms to express how you feel about a situation.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create tension and conflict.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Uncomfortable refers to physical discomfort, stressful describes mental or emotional strain, and tense describes a situation that is characterized by mental or emotional strain or tension. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich writing by creating tension and conflict.