What is the antonym of “eclectic”?
The antonyms of eclectic are homogeneous, uniform, and consistent. These words convey the opposite meaning of eclectic, which means deriving ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Consisting of parts or elements that are all the same kind or similar in nature.
The school had a homogeneous student population, with most students coming from similar backgrounds.
Remaining the same in all cases and at all times; unchanging in form or character.
The company had a uniform dress code policy, requiring all employees to wear the same attire.
Marked by harmony, regularity, or steady continuity; free from variation or contradiction.
Her performance was consistent throughout the season, with no major fluctuations in her results.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Homogeneous refers to a group or collection that is made up of similar or identical parts.
- 2Uniform describes something that remains the same in all cases and at all times.
- 3Consistent implies a lack of variation or contradiction, with a steady and harmonious continuity.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to describe different types of research methodologies, such as eclectic vs. homogeneous approaches.
- 2Interior Design: Incorporate these antonyms to describe different styles of decor, such as eclectic vs. uniform design.
- 3Music: Utilize these antonyms to describe different genres of music, such as eclectic vs. consistent sounds.
The antonyms of eclectic are homogeneous, uniform, and consistent. Use these words to describe different types of research methodologies, interior design styles, or genres of music. Remember that homogeneous refers to a group of similar parts, uniform describes something that remains the same, and consistent implies a lack of variation or contradiction.