What is the antonym of “eclipsed”?
The antonyms of eclipsed are highlight, illuminate, and accentuate. The antonyms convey the opposite meaning of eclipsed, which is to draw attention to something or make it more prominent.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To emphasize or draw attention to something, often by making it brighter or more prominent.
The speaker used graphs and charts to highlight the key points of his presentation.
To light up or brighten; to clarify or explain something.
The teacher used examples to illuminate the difficult concept.
To emphasize or make something more noticeable.
The designer used a bold color to accentuate the model's eyes.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Highlight emphasizes or draws attention to something by making it brighter or more prominent.
- 2Illuminate clarifies or explains something by shedding light on it.
- 3Accentuate makes something more noticeable by emphasizing or bringing attention to it.
Good things to know
- 1Writing: Use these antonyms in writing to create contrast and add depth to your descriptions.
- 2Speaking: Incorporate these antonyms in your conversations to express yourself more effectively.
- 3Art: Utilize these antonyms in art to create emphasis and balance in your compositions.
The antonyms of eclipsed are highlight, illuminate, and accentuate. Use these words to create contrast and add depth to your writing, express yourself more effectively in conversations, and create emphasis and balance in your art.