What is the antonym of “effete”?
The antonym of effete are energetic, vigorous, and potent. The antonyms energetic, vigorous, and potent convey a positive and active state. It implies a fullness of energy, strength, or power.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having or showing great energy or enthusiasm; lively.
The energetic dance performance left the audience breathless.
Strong, healthy, and full of energy.
He went for a vigorous run every morning to stay fit.
Having great power, influence, or effect.
The medicine was potent enough to cure the disease in just a few days.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Energetic describes a person or thing that is full of energy and enthusiasm.
- 2Vigorous describes a person or thing that is strong, healthy, and full of energy.
- 3Potent describes a person or thing that has great power, influence, or effect.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use energetic, vigorous, and potent to describe people, things, or actions that are full of energy, strength, or power.
- 2Show Enthusiasm: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to express enthusiasm and positivity.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create dynamic characters and engaging stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Energetic conveys enthusiasm, vigorous denotes strength and health, and potent refers to great power or influence. Use these words to enhance communication, show enthusiasm in conversations, and enrich writing by creating dynamic characters and engaging stories.