What is the antonym of “efficace”?
The antonyms of efficace in English are ineffective, inefficient, and useless. These words describe something that does not work well or achieve the desired result.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not producing the desired effect; lacking the ability to accomplish a task.
The medicine was ineffective in treating his chronic pain.
Not achieving maximum productivity or output with minimum wasted effort or expense.
The old machine was inefficient and caused a lot of delays in production.
Having no practical value or purpose; unable to be used effectively.
The broken phone was useless and needed to be replaced.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Ineffective describes something that does not produce the desired effect, while inefficient refers to something that does not achieve maximum productivity.
- 2Useless is a complementary antonym that describes something that has no practical value or purpose.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use these antonyms to describe ineffective or inefficient processes or products.
- 2Education: Use these antonyms to describe ineffective or inefficient teaching methods or materials.
- 3Everyday Life: Use these antonyms to describe things that do not work well or achieve the desired result.
The antonyms of efficace are ineffective, inefficient, and useless. These words describe something that does not work well or achieve the desired result. Use them to describe ineffective or inefficient processes, products, teaching methods, or materials in business or education, or in everyday life to describe things that do not work well.