What is the antonym of “egos”?
The antonyms of egos are humility and modesty. The antonyms humility and modesty convey a lack of arrogance or excessive pride. It implies a willingness to acknowledge one's limitations and imperfections.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A modest or low view of one's importance; humbleness.
She showed humility by admitting her mistake and apologizing.
The quality of being unassuming or moderate in the estimation of one's abilities or achievements.
He displayed modesty by not bragging about his accomplishments.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Humility is a state of mind that involves recognizing one's limitations and imperfections, while modesty is a behavior that involves not boasting or showing off one's abilities or achievements.
- 2Humility is often associated with a lack of pride or self-importance, while modesty is often associated with a lack of vanity or conceit.
Good things to know
- 1Personal Development: Use humility and modesty to cultivate a healthy sense of self-awareness and self-improvement.
- 2Social Interaction: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to avoid coming across as arrogant or boastful.
- 3Professional Communication: Utilize these antonyms in workplace settings to demonstrate respect for others and build positive relationships.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Humility conveys a state of mind that involves recognizing one's limitations and imperfections, while modesty conveys a behavior that involves not boasting or showing off one's abilities or achievements. Use these words to cultivate personal development, improve social interactions, and enhance professional communication.