What is the antonym of “eirenic”?
The antonyms of eirenic are aggressive, hostile, and belligerent. These words convey a negative or confrontational attitude, in contrast to the peaceful and conciliatory meaning of eirenic.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Ready or likely to attack or confront; forceful and assertive.
The coach's aggressive tactics intimidated the opposing team and helped his team win.
Showing or feeling opposition or dislike; unfriendly or antagonistic.
The hostile crowd booed and jeered at the politician during his speech.
Hostile and aggressive, especially in a conflict or war.
The belligerent nations refused to negotiate and continued to escalate the conflict.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Aggressive implies a readiness to attack or confront, while eirenic implies a peaceful and conciliatory approach.
- 2Hostile suggests an unfriendly or antagonistic attitude, while eirenic suggests a friendly and cooperative attitude.
- 3Belligerent implies a hostile and aggressive stance, especially in a conflict or war, while eirenic implies a peaceful and diplomatic approach to resolving conflicts.
Good things to know
- 1Conflict Resolution: Use eirenic to describe a peaceful and diplomatic approach to resolving conflicts.
- 2Communication Skills: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to express different attitudes and emotions.
- 3Vocabulary Building: Learn and practice using these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your writing.