What is the antonym of “embittered”?
The antonyms of embittered are content, satisfied, and pleased. The antonyms content, satisfied, and pleased convey a positive emotional state. It implies a sense of happiness, satisfaction, or pleasure.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling happy and satisfied with what one has; not desiring more.
She was content with her life and didn't feel the need to chase after material possessions.
Feeling pleased and content with the outcome of something.
After finishing the project, he was satisfied with the results and felt proud of his work.
Feeling happy and satisfied with a situation or outcome.
She was pleased with the progress she had made in her studies and felt confident about her upcoming exams.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Content describes a state of being happy and satisfied with what one has.
- 2Satisfied describes a feeling of pleasure and contentment with the outcome of something.
- 3Pleased describes a feeling of happiness and satisfaction with a situation or outcome.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use content, satisfied, and pleased to express gratitude for what you have.
- 2Celebrate Achievements: Use these antonyms to celebrate achievements and successes.
- 3Encourage Positivity: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to encourage positivity and optimism.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Content describes a state of being happy and satisfied, satisfied describes a feeling of pleasure and contentment, and pleased describes a feeling of happiness and satisfaction. Use these words to express gratitude, celebrate achievements, and encourage positivity in conversations.