What is the antonym of “emptiest”?
The antonyms of emptiest are fullest, occupied, and populated. These words describe the opposite state of being empty, indicating that a space or place is filled with people or things.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Containing or holding as much or as many as possible; having no empty space.
The concert hall was at its fullest capacity, with thousands of fans cheering for their favorite band.
Being used by someone; taken up by an activity or task.
All the seats in the waiting room were occupied by patients waiting to see the doctor.
Having a large number of people or inhabitants living in a particular area or place.
New York City is one of the most densely populated cities in the world, with millions of residents and visitors.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Fullest refers to a space or container that has no empty space and is filled to its maximum capacity.
- 2Occupied describes a space or place that is being used by someone or taken up by an activity or task.
- 3Populated describes a place or area that has a large number of people or inhabitants living there.
Good things to know
- 1Real Estate: Use these antonyms to describe the occupancy level of a property or building.
- 2Travel: Incorporate these antonyms to describe the population density of a city or region.
- 3Business: Utilize these antonyms to describe the capacity of a venue or facility.
The antonyms of emptiest are fullest, occupied, and populated. Use fullest to describe a space or container that is filled to its maximum capacity, occupied to describe a space or place that is being used, and populated to describe a place or area that has a large number of people or inhabitants. These antonyms can be used in real estate, travel, and business contexts.