What is the antonym of “enlace”?
The antonyms of enlace are separate, disconnect, and untangle. These words convey the opposite meaning of enlace, which is to connect or link things together.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To divide or disconnect something into distinct parts.
She decided to separate the laundry by color before washing it.
To break the connection between two or more things.
He had to disconnect the old printer before installing the new one.
To separate or straighten out something that is twisted or tangled.
She spent hours trying to untangle the knots in her necklace.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Separate implies a complete division or disconnection of things that were once together.
- 2Disconnect refers to breaking the connection between two or more things, often in a physical sense.
- 3Untangle is used when something is twisted or knotted and needs to be straightened out.
Good things to know
- 1In Science: Use separate to describe the process of dividing substances into their individual components.
- 2In Technology: Use disconnect to describe the process of unplugging or turning off devices.
- 3In Daily Life: Use untangle to describe the process of straightening out hair, jewelry, or cords.
The antonyms of enlace are separate, disconnect, and untangle. Use separate to describe a complete division or disconnection, disconnect to describe breaking a connection, and untangle to describe straightening out something that is twisted or knotted.