What is the antonym of “entrammel”?
The antonyms of entrammel are free, liberate, and unburden. These antonyms convey a sense of freedom, release, and unencumbered state.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not under the control or domination of another; able to act or be done as one wishes.
After finishing his work, he felt free to do whatever he wanted.
To set someone or something free from imprisonment, slavery, or oppression.
The soldiers fought to liberate their country from the enemy's occupation.
To relieve someone of a burden or problem; to share one's troubles with someone else.
She felt better after unburdening herself to her friend about her worries.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Free implies a state of independence and autonomy.
- 2Liberate implies a release from external constraints or oppression.
- 3Unburden implies a release from internal burdens or emotional weight.
Good things to know
- 1Express Freedom: Use free to describe a state of independence and autonomy.
- 2Advocate for Justice: Use liberate to express support for the release of those who are oppressed or imprisoned.
- 3Share Troubles: Use unburden to describe the act of sharing one's problems with someone else.
The antonyms of entrammel convey a sense of freedom, release, and unencumbered state. Free implies independence and autonomy, liberate implies release from external constraints or oppression, and unburden implies release from internal burdens or emotional weight. Use these words to express freedom, advocate for justice, and share troubles.