What is the antonym of “equiponderous”?
The antonyms of equiponderous are unequal, imbalanced, and disproportionate. These antonyms describe a lack of balance or proportionality.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not equal in size, quantity, quality, or value.
The distribution of resources was unequal, with some regions receiving more than others.
Lacking balance or proportion; having unequal or disproportionate parts or elements.
The design of the building was imbalanced, with one side taller than the other.
Out of proportion; too large or too small in relation to something else.
The punishment was disproportionate to the crime, causing outrage among the public.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unequal refers to a lack of equality in size, quantity, quality, or value.
- 2Imbalanced refers to a lack of balance or proportionality in parts or elements.
- 3Disproportionate refers to a lack of proportion in relation to something else.
Good things to know
- 1Mathematics: Use these antonyms to describe mathematical concepts such as equations, ratios, and proportions.
- 2Politics: Utilize these antonyms to discuss issues related to social justice, equality, and fairness.
- 3Design: Incorporate these antonyms to describe the aesthetics and functionality of objects, buildings, and spaces.
The antonyms of equiponderous describe a lack of balance or proportionality. Unequal refers to a lack of equality, imbalanced refers to a lack of balance or proportionality in parts or elements, and disproportionate refers to a lack of proportion in relation to something else. These antonyms can be used in mathematics, politics, and design contexts.