What is the antonym of “estimable”?
The antonyms of estimable are disreputable, unworthy, and ignoble. These words convey a negative connotation and imply a lack of respect, honor, or worthiness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a bad reputation; not respected or trusted by society.
The company's disreputable practices led to its downfall.
Not deserving respect, honor, or admiration; lacking in value or merit.
His unscrupulous behavior made him an unworthy candidate for the job.
Lacking in moral principles; dishonorable; not noble or honorable.
The politician's ignoble actions caused public outrage.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Disreputable implies a lack of trust or respect from society, while estimable implies high regard and respect.
- 2Unworthy suggests a lack of merit or value, while estimable suggests high worthiness and admiration.
- 3Ignoble suggests a lack of moral principles or honor, while estimable suggests high moral standards and nobility.
Good things to know
- 1Vocabulary Expansion: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express nuanced meanings.
- 2Critical Thinking: Analyze the context to determine which antonym best fits the situation.
- 3Writing Enhancement: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to create more vivid and precise descriptions.
The antonyms of estimable are disreputable, unworthy, and ignoble. These words convey a negative connotation and imply a lack of respect, honor, or worthiness. Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary, analyze context, and enhance your writing.