What is the antonym of “estimative”?
The antonyms of estimative are precise, accurate, and exact. These words convey a different level of certainty and accuracy in describing a measurement or estimation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Exact, accurate, and careful about details.
The scientist made a precise calculation of the chemical reaction.
Correct in all details; exact.
The GPS device gave an accurate location of the car.
Completely correct in every detail; precise.
The tailor took exact measurements of the customer's body.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Precise implies a high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
- 2Accurate means that something is correct in all details.
- 3Exact means that something is completely correct in every detail.
Good things to know
- 1Mathematics: Use precise, accurate, and exact to describe measurements and calculations.
- 2Science: Utilize these antonyms to describe scientific experiments and observations.
- 3Business: Incorporate these words to describe financial projections and market analysis.
The antonyms precise, accurate, and exact convey different levels of certainty and accuracy. Use these words to describe measurements, calculations, scientific experiments, financial projections, and market analysis.