What is the antonym of “etherous”?
The antonyms of etherous are heavy, earthly, and solid. These words convey a sense of weight, materiality, and groundedness that is opposite to the lightness, spirituality, and ethereality of etherous.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Weighing a lot; difficult to lift or move.
The suitcase was so heavy that I had to ask for help to carry it upstairs.
Relating to the physical world and its concerns, as opposed to the spiritual or supernatural realm.
His ambitions were focused on earthly success, such as wealth and power, rather than spiritual enlightenment.
Having a firm and stable structure; not hollow or liquid.
The table was made of solid oak wood and could withstand heavy weight without wobbling.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Heavy refers to a physical property of weight and mass, while etherous refers to a spiritual or intangible quality of lightness and airiness.
- 2Earthly is a relational antonym that contrasts the physical world with the spiritual or supernatural realm, while etherous implies a connection to the latter.
- 3Solid is a complementary antonym that describes a physical object with a firm and stable structure, while etherous suggests a lack of materiality or substance.
Good things to know
- 1Vocabulary Enrichment: Learn and use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express nuanced meanings.
- 2Creative Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in your writing to create vivid descriptions and contrasts.
- 3Artistic Expression: Use these antonyms to inspire artistic creations that explore the themes of weightlessness, spirituality, and materiality.
The antonyms of etherous are heavy, earthly, and solid. They convey a sense of weight, materiality, and groundedness that is opposite to the lightness, spirituality, and ethereality of etherous. Use these words to enrich your vocabulary, create vivid descriptions, and inspire artistic expressions.