What is the antonym of “evanescency”?
The antonyms of evanescency are permanence and endurance. The antonyms permanence and endurance convey the idea of something that lasts for a long time or is able to withstand the test of time.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The state or quality of being permanent; lasting indefinitely without change.
The ancient pyramids of Egypt are a testament to the permanence of human achievement.
The ability to withstand hardship or adversity; the capacity to last or persist over time.
Marathon runners need to have a lot of endurance to complete the race.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Permanence refers to something that lasts indefinitely without change, while evanescency refers to something that disappears quickly.
- 2Endurance refers to the ability to withstand hardship or adversity, while evanescency refers to something that is fleeting or short-lived.
Good things to know
- 1Writing: Use permanence and endurance to describe things that last for a long time or are able to withstand the test of time.
- 2Speaking: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to express the idea of something that is either fleeting or long-lasting.
- 3Vocabulary Building: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and improve your communication skills.