What is the antonym of “evanescible”?
The antonyms of evanescible are permanent, enduring, and lasting. The antonyms permanent, enduring, and lasting convey a sense of stability, longevity, and permanence. They imply that something will remain unchanged or exist for a long time.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Existing or remaining without essential change; enduring or unchanging.
The ink on the document was permanent, and it could not be erased.
Continuing or long-lasting, especially despite difficulties, hardships, or setbacks.
Their enduring friendship had lasted for over twenty years.
Continuing or remaining in existence for a significant amount of time.
The effects of the storm were lasting, and it took months to repair the damage.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Permanent implies that something will remain unchanged or exist for an indefinite period.
- 2Enduring suggests that something will last despite difficulties or hardships.
- 3Lasting implies that something will continue to exist for a significant amount of time.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Relationships: Use permanent, enduring, and lasting to describe long-term relationships.
- 2Talking about Changes: Use evanescible and its antonyms to describe changes that are temporary or permanent.
- 3Discussing Memories: Use lasting to describe memories that have stayed with you for a long time.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Permanent conveys stability and unchanging nature, enduring suggests lasting despite difficulties, and lasting implies a significant amount of time. Use these words to describe relationships, changes, and memories.