What is the antonym of “evoked”?
The antonyms of evoked are suppress and repress. The antonyms suppress and repress convey a sense of holding back or restraining something, while evoked means to bring out or elicit a response or emotion.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To prevent something from being expressed or revealed.
She tried to suppress her anger during the meeting.
To hold back or restrain something, especially emotions or desires.
He had to repress his urge to shout at his boss.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Suppress is used when something is intentionally prevented from being expressed or revealed.
- 2Repress is used when something is held back or restrained, especially emotions or desires.
- 3Evoked is used when something is brought out or elicited, such as a response or emotion.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Writing: Use these antonyms to add depth and nuance to your writing.
- 2Improve Vocabulary: Learn and use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
- 3Enrich Conversations: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to express yourself more effectively.
The antonyms have distinct meanings: Suppress means to prevent something from being expressed or revealed, repress means to hold back or restrain something, and evoked means to bring out or elicit a response or emotion. Use these words to enhance your writing, improve your vocabulary, and enrich your conversations.