What is the antonym of “existent”?
The antonym of existent are nonexistent, imaginary, and unreal. These words describe things that either do not exist or are not real.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not existing or being in a state of absence.
The unicorn is a mythical creature that is nonexistent in the real world.
Existing only in the imagination; not real.
The little girl had an imaginary friend that no one else could see.
Not real or existing only in the mind.
The special effects in the movie made the monsters look unreal.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Nonexistent describes something that does not exist at all.
- 2Imaginary describes something that exists only in the imagination.
- 3Unreal describes something that is not real or exists only in the mind.
Good things to know
- 1Vocabulary Building: Learn these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
- 2Describing Things: Use these words to describe things that do not exist or are not real.
- 3Creative Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in creative writing to add depth and detail to your stories.
The antonyms of existent are nonexistent, imaginary, and unreal. These words describe things that either do not exist or are not real. Use them to expand your vocabulary, describe things that do not exist or are not real, and add depth and detail to your creative writing.