What is the antonym of “expandable”?
The antonym of expandable is nonextendable, nonstretchable, and nonadjustable. These antonyms describe things that cannot be expanded, stretched, or adjusted.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not capable of being extended or elongated.
The table was nonextendable, so they had to use another one to accommodate all the guests.
Not capable of being stretched or expanded.
The fabric was nonstretchable, so she had to return the dress because it didn't fit her properly.
Not capable of being adjusted or modified.
The chair was nonadjustable, so he had to find another one that could be customized to his height.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Nonextendable refers to things that cannot be extended or elongated.
- 2Nonstretchable refers to things that cannot be stretched or expanded.
- 3Nonadjustable refers to things that cannot be adjusted or modified.
Good things to know
- 1Technical Writing: Use these antonyms in technical writing to describe the limitations of products or materials.
- 2Product Design: Incorporate these antonyms in product design to specify the features and functions of a product.
- 3Problem Solving: Utilize these antonyms in problem-solving to identify constraints and limitations.
The antonyms nonextendable, nonstretchable, and nonadjustable describe things that cannot be expanded, stretched, or adjusted. Use these words in technical writing, product design, and problem-solving to specify limitations, features, and constraints.