What is the antonym of “expansively”?
The antonyms of expansively are narrowly, limitedly, and restrictively. These words convey the opposite meaning of expansively, which means to do something in a broad, extensive, or generous way.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
In a way that is limited in scope, range, or extent.
The company narrowly focused on its core products and didn't expand into new markets.
In a way that is restricted or confined in quantity, quality, or scope.
Due to budget constraints, the team could only limitedly invest in marketing activities.
In a way that imposes limitations or constraints on something.
The government restrictively regulated the use of certain chemicals to protect the environment.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Narrowly implies a limited scope or range, while expansively implies a broad or extensive one.
- 2Limitedly suggests a restriction in quantity or quality, while expansively suggests generosity or abundance.
- 3Restrictively suggests imposing limitations or constraints, while expansively suggests a liberal or open approach.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use these antonyms to describe business strategies, budgets, or policies.
- 2Academics: Use these antonyms to describe research methods, data analysis, or findings.
- 3Daily Life: Use these antonyms to describe personal habits, preferences, or attitudes.
The antonyms of expansively are narrowly, limitedly, and restrictively. These words convey the opposite meaning of expansively, which means to do something in a broad, extensive, or generous way. Use these antonyms to describe business strategies, research methods, personal habits, or attitudes.