What is the antonym of “exteriorized”?
The antonym of exteriorized are internalize and subjectify. The antonyms internalize and subjectify convey a different meaning from exteriorized. They imply an inward or subjective experience, rather than an outward or objective one.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To take in or absorb something into oneself, often unconsciously.
She tends to internalize her emotions and rarely shares them with others.
To give subjective qualities to something; to interpret or understand something based on personal feelings or experiences.
The artist sought to subjectify his work by infusing it with his own emotions and experiences.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Internalize implies taking something in or absorbing it into oneself, often unconsciously.
- 2Subjectify implies giving subjective qualities to something, interpreting or understanding it based on personal feelings or experiences.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use internalize and subjectify to describe personal experiences or interpretations.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to add depth and nuance to characters and narratives.
- 3Develop Self-Awareness: Reflect on how you internalize or subjectify experiences to gain insight into your own thought processes and emotions.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Internalize implies taking something in, while subjectify implies giving subjective qualities. Use these words to enhance communication, improve writing, and develop self-awareness.