What is the antonym of “extirpate”?
The antonym of extirpate are implant, introduce, and establish. These words convey the opposite meaning of extirpate, which means to destroy or remove completely.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To insert or embed something into a living organism or material.
The dentist will implant a new tooth in her jaw to replace the missing one.
To bring something into use, operation, or existence for the first time.
The company will introduce a new product line next month to expand its market share.
To set up or create something that will last for a long time.
The government will establish a new law to protect the environment and reduce pollution.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Implant refers to inserting or embedding something into a living organism or material.
- 2Introduce means bringing something into use, operation, or existence for the first time.
- 3Establish means setting up or creating something that will last for a long time.
Good things to know
- 1Medical Context: Use implant to describe surgical procedures that involve inserting artificial devices into the body.
- 2Business Context: Use introduce to describe launching new products, services, or initiatives.
- 3Government Context: Use establish to describe creating new laws, policies, or regulations.
The antonyms of extirpate are implant, introduce, and establish. These words convey different meanings and can be used in various contexts. Use implant in medical contexts, introduce in business contexts, and establish in government contexts.