What is the antonym of “facilitative”?
The antonyms of facilitative are hindering, obstructive, and disadvantageous. These words describe actions or situations that make it difficult or impossible to achieve a goal or objective.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Making it difficult or impossible to achieve a goal or objective.
The lack of funding was hindering the progress of the project.
Preventing or blocking progress or movement.
The roadblock was obstructive and caused a traffic jam.
Causing harm or putting someone in a worse position.
The new policy was disadvantageous to small businesses.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Hindering implies an obstacle that makes it difficult to achieve a goal.
- 2Obstructive implies something that blocks progress or movement.
- 3Disadvantageous implies something that causes harm or puts someone in a worse position.
Good things to know
- 1Problem Solving: Use these antonyms to identify obstacles and challenges that need to be overcome.
- 2Negotiation: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions to highlight potential drawbacks or disadvantages.
- 3Critical Thinking: Utilize these antonyms to evaluate the effectiveness of actions or decisions.