What is the antonym of “fade”?
The antonym of fade are brighten, intensify, and appear. The antonyms brighten, intensify, and appear convey the opposite meaning of fade. It implies an increase in brightness, intensity, or visibility.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To become brighter or more intense in color or light.
The sun started to brighten the sky as it rose over the horizon.
To become stronger or more extreme in effect or degree.
The storm began to intensify as the winds picked up and the rain grew heavier.
To come into sight or become visible.
As the fog lifted, the outline of the mountain began to appear in the distance.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Brighten refers to an increase in brightness or light.
- 2Intensify refers to an increase in strength or degree.
- 3Appear refers to something becoming visible or coming into sight.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Descriptions: Use brighten, intensify, and appear to add detail and depth to descriptions.
- 2Enrich Narratives: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create vivid imagery and engaging stories.
- 3Improve Vocabulary: Incorporate antonyms in conversations and writing to expand your vocabulary.