What is the antonym of “failed”?
The antonyms of failed are successful, effective, and productive. The antonyms successful, effective, and productive convey a positive outcome or result. It implies that something has been accomplished or achieved.
See all the antonyms of “failed”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Accomplishing a desired aim or result; having achieved success.
After months of hard work, they finally launched a successful marketing campaign.
Producing the intended or expected result; having a decisive or powerful effect.
The new software was more effective in detecting viruses than the previous version.
Yielding positive results or benefits; being useful or profitable.
The company's investment in new technology proved to be productive as it increased efficiency and reduced costs.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Successful refers to achieving a desired aim or result.
- 2Effective refers to producing the intended or expected result.
- 3Productive refers to yielding positive results or benefits.
Good things to know
- 1Job Interviews: Use successful to describe your accomplishments and achievements.
- 2Business Meetings: Use effective to describe strategies, plans, or solutions that produce the intended results.
- 3Goal Setting: Use productive to describe activities or actions that yield positive results or benefits.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Successful refers to achieving a desired aim or result, effective refers to producing the intended or expected result, and productive refers to yielding positive results or benefits. Use these words in job interviews, business meetings, and goal setting to convey positive outcomes and accomplishments.