What is the antonym of “faineantism”?
The antonyms of faineantism are diligence and industriousness. These words convey the opposite meaning of laziness or idleness. They imply a state of being hardworking, diligent, and productive.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Careful and persistent effort or work; conscientiousness.
She showed great diligence in her studies, spending long hours in the library every day.
The quality of being hardworking, diligent, and productive.
His industriousness paid off when he was promoted to a higher position in the company.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Diligence emphasizes careful and persistent effort, often in pursuit of a specific goal.
- 2Industriousness emphasizes the quality of being hardworking and productive, often in a broader sense.
Good things to know
- 1Encourage Productivity: Use diligence and industriousness to motivate oneself or others to work hard and achieve goals.
- 2Praise Achievement: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to acknowledge and appreciate hard work and productivity.
- 3Describe Work Ethic: Utilize these antonyms in resumes, cover letters, and job interviews to showcase one's work ethic and dedication.
The antonyms diligence and industriousness convey the opposite meaning of laziness or idleness. Diligence emphasizes careful and persistent effort, while industriousness emphasizes the quality of being hardworking and productive. Use these words to encourage productivity, praise achievement, and describe work ethic in various contexts.