What is the antonym of “favorability”?
The antonyms of favorability are disadvantageousness, unpopularity, and disapproval. These words convey a negative or unfavorable meaning, indicating that something is not beneficial, well-liked, or approved.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality of being unfavorable or harmful; not advantageous.
The high cost of living in the city is a disadvantageousness for many people.
The state of being disliked or not favored by many people.
The politician's controversial remarks led to his unpopularity among voters.
The act of expressing a negative opinion or judgment about something.
The teacher showed her disapproval of the student's behavior by giving him a failing grade.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Disadvantageousness refers to something that is not beneficial or harmful.
- 2Unpopularity describes something that is not well-liked or favored by many people.
- 3Disapproval is the expression of a negative opinion or judgment about something.
Good things to know
- 1Business: Use these antonyms to describe market trends, product reviews, and customer feedback.
- 2Politics: Incorporate these antonyms in political discussions to express opposing views or criticize policies.
- 3Social Interactions: Utilize these antonyms to express disapproval or dissatisfaction with someone's behavior or actions.
The antonyms of favorability convey negative or unfavorable meanings. Disadvantageousness refers to something that is not beneficial, unpopularity describes something that is not well-liked, and disapproval is the expression of a negative opinion. These antonyms can be used in business, politics, and social interactions to express opposing views, criticize policies, or show disapproval.