What is the antonym of “featherless”?
The antonym of featherless is feathered and furry. The antonyms feathered and furry describe the presence of feathers or fur, respectively.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having feathers covering the body.
The feathered bird flew gracefully in the sky.
Covered with fur or having a furry texture.
The furry cat purred contentedly as it was being petted.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Feathered describes the presence of feathers on a bird or animal.
- 2Furry describes the presence of fur on an animal.
Good things to know
- 1Animal Characteristics: Use feathered to describe birds and furry to describe mammals.
- 2Creative Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in descriptive writing to create vivid imagery.
- 3Science Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to teach science vocabulary related to animals and their physical characteristics.