What is the antonym of “fencible”?
The antonyms of fencible are vulnerable, unprotected, and indefensible. These words convey the opposite meaning of fencible, which is being able to be defended or protected.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Susceptible to physical or emotional harm or attack.
Without proper security measures, the house is vulnerable to break-ins.
Not shielded or guarded from harm or danger.
The workers were left unprotected from the hazardous chemicals, which caused health problems.
Unable to be protected or justified.
The company's decision to cut employee benefits was indefensible and caused outrage among the staff.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Vulnerable implies a susceptibility to harm or attack, while fencible implies the ability to defend against such threats.
- 2Unprotected is a complementary antonym that describes the absence of protection, while fencible implies the presence of protection.
- 3Indefensible is a gradable antonym that describes something that cannot be defended or justified, while fencible implies the opposite.
Good things to know
- 1Security: Use vulnerable, unprotected, and indefensible to describe situations or places that require better security measures.
- 2Debate: Incorporate indefensible in discussions to express disagreement with an argument or decision.
- 3Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create contrast and emphasize the importance of protection and defense.
The antonyms of fencible convey the opposite meaning of being able to be defended or protected. Vulnerable implies susceptibility to harm, unprotected describes the absence of protection, and indefensible denotes something that cannot be defended or justified. These words can be used in various contexts, such as security, debate, and writing, to express different shades of meaning.