What is the antonym of “feted”?
The antonyms of feted are ignored, overlooked, and disregarded. These words convey the opposite meaning of feted, which is to be celebrated or honored.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To pay no attention to; to disregard or overlook.
Despite his hard work, he felt ignored and unappreciated by his boss.
To fail to notice or consider; to ignore or neglect.
Her contributions to the project were overlooked by the team, and she didn't receive any recognition.
To treat as unworthy of consideration or respect; to ignore or dismiss.
His suggestions were disregarded by the committee, and they went ahead with their original plan.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Ignored implies a lack of attention or recognition.
- 2Overlooked suggests a failure to notice or consider something important.
- 3Disregarded conveys a sense of disrespect or dismissal.
Good things to know
- 1Communication: Use these antonyms to express the opposite meaning of feted in conversations.
- 2Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in writing to create contrast and add depth to characters and situations.
- 3Vocabulary Building: Learn and practice using these antonyms to expand your vocabulary.
The antonyms of feted are ignored, overlooked, and disregarded. These words convey the opposite meaning of feted and can be used in communication, writing, and vocabulary building to express contrast and add depth to characters and situations.