What is the antonym of “feudal”?
The antonym of feudal are egalitarian, democratic, and classless. The antonyms convey a different social, political, and economic system that is opposite to the feudal system.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Believing in or promoting equal rights for all people.
The school's policy was egalitarian and did not discriminate against students based on their race, gender, or religion.
Relating to or supporting democracy, a system of government where power is held by the people through free and fair elections.
The country's transition to a democratic system brought about significant changes in its political landscape.
Not divided into social classes; lacking distinctions based on wealth, status, or power.
The society envisioned by the communist ideology is classless and aims to eliminate social and economic inequalities.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Egalitarian emphasizes the belief in equal rights and opportunities for all people, regardless of their social status or background.
- 2Democratic refers to a system of government where power is held by the people through free and fair elections, and decisions are made through majority rule.
- 3Classless describes a society without social classes, where everyone has equal access to resources and opportunities.
Good things to know
- 1Discuss Politics: Use democratic to describe a political system that values people's participation and representation.
- 2Talk about Equality: Use egalitarian to express support for equal rights and opportunities for all people.
- 3Describe Social Systems: Use classless to describe a society without social classes or hierarchies.