What is the antonym of “fifteenth”?
The antonyms of fifteenth are first and initial. The antonyms first and initial convey the opposite meaning of being at the beginning or start of something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Coming before all others in time, order, or importance.
She was the first person to arrive at the party.
Existing or occurring at the beginning; first.
The initial stage of the project involved research and planning.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1First refers to the beginning of a sequence or order, while fifteenth refers to the position of an item in a sequence or order.
- 2Initial refers to the very first stage or step of a process, while fifteenth refers to a specific position in a sequence or order.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use first and initial to expand your vocabulary and express ideas more precisely.
- 2Clarify Meaning: Use antonyms to clarify the meaning of words and avoid confusion.
- 3Improve Writing: Incorporate antonyms in writing to create contrast and make your text more engaging.
The antonyms first and initial convey the opposite meaning of being at the beginning or start of something. While first refers to the beginning of a sequence or order, initial refers to the very first stage or step of a process. Use these antonyms to enhance your vocabulary, clarify meaning, and improve your writing.