What is the antonym of “finnicky”?
The antonym of finnicky is easygoing, careless, and unconcerned. The antonyms easygoing, careless, and unconcerned convey a relaxed, carefree, and less demanding attitude. It implies a lack of fussiness, meticulousness, or perfectionism.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Relaxed and tolerant in attitude or manner.
He's an easygoing boss who doesn't get upset over small mistakes.
Not giving sufficient attention or thought to avoiding harm or errors.
She was careless with her phone and dropped it on the floor.
Not worried or troubled; not showing interest or involvement.
He seemed unconcerned about the upcoming exam and didn't study much.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Easygoing describes a relaxed and tolerant attitude towards others and situations.
- 2Careless describes a lack of attention or thought that leads to harm or errors.
- 3Unconcerned describes a lack of worry, interest, or involvement in a situation.
Good things to know
- 1Socializing: Use easygoing to describe someone who is friendly and easy to talk to.
- 2Criticism: Use careless to point out someone's mistake or lack of attention.
- 3Indifference: Use unconcerned to describe someone who is not interested or involved in a situation.