What is the antonym of “fireless”?
The antonyms of fireless are heated, warm, and hot. These words describe the opposite of fireless, which means lacking heat or fire.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a high temperature; being hot or warmed up.
The room was heated by the fireplace, making it cozy and warm.
Having a moderate degree of heat; not cold or hot.
She put on a warm sweater to protect herself from the chilly weather outside.
Having a high degree of heat; capable of causing burns or discomfort.
The soup was too hot to eat, so she waited for it to cool down before taking a sip.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Heated implies a high temperature that can be uncomfortable or even unbearable.
- 2Warm suggests a moderate degree of heat that is comfortable and pleasant.
- 3Hot describes a high degree of heat that can cause discomfort or even harm.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Temperature: Use these antonyms to describe the temperature of objects or environments.
- 2Cooking: Use heated and hot to describe the temperature of food while cooking or serving.
- 3Expressing Sensations: Use these antonyms to express how you feel about the temperature of something.
The antonyms of fireless are heated, warm, and hot. These words describe different degrees of temperature, ranging from high and uncomfortable (heated) to moderate and pleasant (warm) to high and potentially harmful (hot). Use these words to describe temperature, cooking, or express sensations related to temperature.