What is the antonym of “flirt”?
The antonyms of flirt are ignore and disregard. The antonyms ignore and disregard convey a lack of interest or attention towards someone or something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally.
She decided to ignore his messages because she wasn't interested in him.
Pay no attention to; treat as unworthy of consideration or respect.
He chose to disregard her advice and ended up making a mistake.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Ignore implies a deliberate decision not to pay attention to someone or something.
- 2Disregard suggests that something is considered unworthy of attention or respect.
Good things to know
- 1Social Interactions: Use ignore and disregard to describe situations where someone is not paying attention to you or your needs.
- 2Professional Settings: Utilize these antonyms to describe situations where someone is not taking your work seriously.
- 3Daily Life: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to express disinterest or lack of attention.
The antonyms of flirt are ignore and disregard. Use ignore to describe a deliberate decision not to pay attention, and disregard to suggest that something is considered unworthy of attention or respect. These antonyms can be used in social interactions, professional settings, and daily life to express disinterest or lack of attention.