What is the antonym of “flirts”?
The antonyms of flirts are ignore, neglect, and disregard. These antonyms convey a lack of attention or interest in someone or something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally.
She decided to ignore his rude comments and walk away.
Fail to care for or pay attention to properly; disregard or overlook.
He neglected his health by not exercising regularly and eating unhealthy food.
Pay no attention to; ignore or treat as unimportant.
The teacher asked the students to disregard their phones during class.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Ignore implies a deliberate decision to not pay attention to something or someone.
- 2Neglect suggests a failure to give proper care or attention to something or someone.
- 3Disregard means to treat something or someone as unimportant or unworthy of attention.
Good things to know
- 1Social Situations: Use these antonyms to describe how someone is treating you or others.
- 2Relationships: Use these antonyms to describe how someone is treating their partner or friends.
- 3Workplace: Use these antonyms to describe how someone is treating their job duties or coworkers.