Definitions and Examples of succeed, thrive
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To achieve a desired aim or result; to accomplish something successfully.
After years of hard work, he finally managed to succeed in his business venture.
To grow or develop vigorously; to prosper or flourish.
The plants in the garden thrive in the warm and sunny weather.
Key Differences: succeed vs thrive
- 1Succeed refers to achieving a desired aim or result, while thrive implies growing or developing vigorously.
- 2Succeed is often used in the context of achieving a specific goal, while thrive is used to describe overall prosperity and growth.
Effective Usage of succeed, thrive
- 1Career Development: Use succeed to describe professional achievements and accomplishments.
- 2Business and Finance: Use thrive to describe a successful and prosperous business or investment.
- 3Personal Growth: Use both antonyms to describe personal development and growth.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Succeed conveys achieving a desired aim or result, while thrive implies growing or developing vigorously. Use these words in different contexts such as career development, business and finance, and personal growth to describe success and prosperity.