What is the antonym of “fluffy”?
The antonyms of fluffy are flat, smooth, and hard. These words describe the opposite texture, shape, or consistency of something that is fluffy.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a level surface; without raised areas or bumps.
The tire was flat and needed to be replaced.
Having an even and regular surface or texture; free from roughness or irregularities.
The baby's skin was smooth and soft to the touch.
Difficult to bend, break, or dent; not easily penetrated or scratched.
The rock was hard and could not be broken with a hammer.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Flat describes a surface that is level and without raised areas or bumps.
- 2Smooth describes a surface that is even and regular, without roughness or irregularities.
- 3Hard describes something that is difficult to bend, break, or dent, and not easily penetrated or scratched.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Texture: Use these antonyms to describe the texture of objects such as pillows, cakes, or hair.
- 2Comparing Shapes: Use these antonyms to compare the shapes of objects such as pancakes, bread, or cookies.
- 3Expressing Opinions: Use these antonyms to express your opinion about something, such as a mattress or a seat cushion.
The antonyms of fluffy are flat, smooth, and hard. These words describe different textures, shapes, or consistencies of objects. Use them to describe texture, compare shapes, or express opinions about objects.