What is the antonym of “flummoxed”?
The antonym of flummoxed is clear-headed and unperturbed. The antonyms clear-headed and unperturbed convey a sense of calmness and clarity of thought. They imply a lack of confusion, bewilderment, or perplexity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a calm and rational mind; able to think clearly and make sound decisions.
Despite the chaos around her, she remained clear-headed and focused on finding a solution.
Not disturbed or affected by something; calm and composed.
Even though he was facing a difficult situation, he remained unperturbed and confident in his abilities.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Clear-headed implies a rational and calm state of mind that enables one to think clearly and make sound decisions.
- 2Unperturbed implies a calm and composed demeanor that is not affected by external factors.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use clear-headed and unperturbed to describe someone who is calm and composed in difficult situations.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create characters with distinct personalities and reactions to events.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Clear-headed conveys a rational and calm state of mind, while unperturbed implies a calm and composed demeanor. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich writing by creating characters with distinct personalities and reactions to events.